Another week in the Siberian Express (and another catchy name for weather) The lake is completely frozen over and the snow piles are getting bigger then ever… We are in the dead of the winter, which means it an only get better from here.
Yes cold, but not a bad week. I have been getting our stuff together to start the ever daunting task of filing our taxes (blaaahhhhh), and the lovely mister has spent his week pretty much dealing with everyone's frozen pipes (poor guy), but we have managed to fit in a little fun. Dinner with sisters. A day with a little that included a lunch date of clementines and mustard. We even went to a high school play that my littlest sister was in. (She was so freaking awesome!) Plus, this week I have really noticed the longer amounts of daylight happening. (I can't wait for daylight savings) I can feel it in my inner most parts of myself..that its going to be spring soon!!! I just need to keep from freezing to death for a few more weeks.
Here is some fun internet stuff I have found this week.
- Ever wonder how mushrooms grow? Take a look inside a mushroom house.
- Martha Stewart teaches us how to fold fitted sheets. (Is there something wrong with my method of rolling into a ball?)
- These Stuffed pets are pretty funny. If I were to bring home a stuffed animal that looked like the trash dog, he would almost certainly love it for about a week, but the moment he feels like he is not getting the adequate amount of attention, would stand in front of me and slowly tear it apart. (because that's what he does)
- I want to make this Marbled paper… But am going to wait until I can do it outside, so maybe in like a few months
- A SLED THAT FOLDS FLAT FOR EASY CARRYING AND STORAGE. I love anything that can be compacted and put away.
And a few bits from the real world
This little is rocking out to some sweet tunes….We started out listening to Beck and ended up listening to Elmo. I guess that happens sometimes.
Can I buy then all? I am a plant hoarder… and can never get enough. I took this picture, walked away to contemplate about weather or not to buy the purple one, went back and someone else had grabbed it. Bummer,…So instead I bought some fresh daffodils, YAY!
Romanesco. A cross between cauliflower, broccoli, cabbage, brussels sprouts, and a space ship. Pretty Pretty!
It took this guy about 5 minutes to cross over this bridge. The stick in this mouth was too long and would get stuck between the two railings. It was some funny shit.
Of things to come!!!
Have a fantastically lovely week..It's the last one of February!