Not to much is going on here, just trying to enjoy the last bits of summer, while secretly saying to myself that I am ok for the hot weather to be gone, for summer to pitter out and let the cooler weather roll in. Bring on the sweaters, apples, and root veggies (and maybe a little more couch cuddling and a new tv show to sink my teeth into while knitting). And I have already noticed a few trees giving away some colorful leave. Foliage season... the best time of year (minus all the annoying leaf peepers) But before we get to ahead of ourselves, we have the other time of the year coming up.. Back to school!! I myself am not really effected by this,other then all the littles in my life are going back, which means less babysitting (happy!/Sad) And let's not mention all the back to school supplies I am drooling over. Trapper keepers, watercolors and cool new backpacks. The kiddos are all getting ready with their new sneakers, crisp, empty notebooks, and a fancy new sweater. Me, I am just being jealous, hoping maybe one of them will give me one of their extra cool new pencils with the removable eraser. Maybe once everything ends up on clearance, I'll buy myself a new composition notebook. You know, the ones where you can color all the white parts in with a bright pink neon marker. A customized badass notebook Those are my favorite.
So besides all that, here are some eventful things from the my life this week in list form.
- got some husk cherries to make something special. and ate them all. Need to get more (more to eat, and more to make something with to share..maybe)
- Starting knitting the mr his annual new winter hat (going with a grey watch cap)
- Painted a ceiling gold
- scratched my face on a raspberry bush
- went to my family reunion, came home and found 2 white hairs on the top of my head (no joke)
- Had two other awesome websites mention my recipes this week!!! (Food52 and feedfeed)
- made a few jars of pickles
- Discovered Reading Rainbow is now on Netflix.(my childhood right there)
Yeah, that's about sums it up.
But here, have some internet stuff to check out.
-I think I need this entire bed set to be happy.
-And I want to do this to a set of sheet too!
-Totally into this house, especially the toilet on the door.
Not sure if this is for real, but it't pretty freaking funny. Lady Gaga Threatening Legal Action Over Breast Milk Ice Cream Flavor 'Royal Baby Gaga'
- I think I should get me some goats. Goats May Be Unwelcome In Zimbabwe's Capital, But D.C. Loves Them
-The Duo Coffee Steeper. This might be fantastic.. Someone buy one and let me know how it works.
-Soothing Spaces… I like
-I love The Purl Bee. Another project that I have to make.
And some photos from the week.