I don't think I need to tell anyone about how weird the past few weeks of weather have been, so I will just leave it alone because we don't need to keep thinking about how stupid cold it is outside or that the next week is only suppose to get worse. Booooo, but oh well. More time for cooking, reading, and trolling the internet (I have spent a little more time then usual getting sucked into the world-wide web.) Beacause I have been spending a little more time interneting, I have added an addition to my usual happy bits, a few links that I have stumbled upon that I think are cool and of things that I want or want to make… Cool internet stuff…..a bit of internet happy.
- So I recently discovered that I can waste a good amount of time on pintrest, especially looking at interiors and architecture and clothes (which I found really weird, but with one pin, an open can of worms…Dangerous stuff). I have a long way to go before I have nearly as many pins as other folk, but I am getting a good a start. Check out my boards...
- I smiled so much when I read this article. So sweet and are some of the coolest tattoos ever.
- The original nomad. I am not a hot tub person (it makes me feel like I am being cooked..) But I might be able to get into one of these when doing some camping.
- I practically started salivating when I saw this falafel. I am so going to make it for a special mister and me dinner!
- I don't have any big kitchen utensils… like a kitchen aid or a panini grill, and for now, I am ok with that, but I really want this waffle iron. I could so use the crap out of it.
So that's some internet stuff and here are a few life moments…..
I got to hang out with my little sister for the first time in like a month… She is just so busy being busy. I guess high school,play practices and boys and friends can fill up ones time at 15… but I miss her so much! I was very excited that she was able to hang out with me this week. What did we do? Well we spent most of out time together taking pictures of her in my glasses, making food and then taking pictures of her eating food. (She is eating whipped carob moose… like one should eat it) A fantastic day of silliness.
I have been feeling like I might be fighting off an illness so I have been eating this Turmeric Ginger Garlic Carrot soup which I have been adding cabbage and topping with these pickled heart beet, all week long. So tasty and full of so much good.
Oh yeah. Me, the mister, my sister, and her lovely little little went to Ikea this week. (the littles first international trip!!! Over the border and into Montreal) And of course at the end of any good shopping trip there is some type of food…. She was so excited for the hot dog and frozen yogurt cone at check out. Champion food eater this one is.
And what's not to love about pretty flowers (primrose)…..Sadly this is not a current picture. I need to get me some color today.
Which leaves me with my goals for the day..
- Get 2 new library books (and return the huge stack by the door)
- Make something tasty good for dinner and prep food for the week
- clean bathroom and change sheets
- buy flowers
- Take a nap
Hope you all have a great day and the most splendid week!